Top 5 tips for looking after your teeth at Christmas!
We all like to overindulge at Christmas, here are our top 5 tips for looking after your teeth over the festive period!
- Keep grazing to a minimum – eat treats in one sitting to avoid exposing your teeth to a ‘sugar attack’ multiple times.
- Have a glass of water after your Prosecco – We all enjoy a glass of bubbly over the Christmas period. Prosecco can be the most damaging to your teeth as it is packed with acid and sugar, make sure you drink water between glasses and don’t brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes after drinking.
- Watch out for the toffee – we all know what effect toffee can have on your fillings, crowns, bridges or veneers!
- Finish off with some cheese – cheese is great at reducing the acid levels in your mouth after eating, helping to protect your teeth!
- Stick to your routine – Christmas is a busy time so it can be easy to slip out of your routine. Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time and don’t forget to floss – no one wants turkey tooth!
Comments are closed