We are accredited providers of the Clearstep system,which uses a series of wafer thin clear aligners to gently reposition your teeth. The aligners are made from medical grade plastic and are removable so you needn’t be worried if you have an important meeting or a hot date!
How does the Clear Step system work?
* You will wear your aligners for roughly 22 hours a day.
* You should remove your aligners to eat and to brush your teeth.
* Your teeth will move slowly over time.
* You change your aligners for the next one, approximately every two weeks.
* You will have regular progress checks with your dentist.
* The full treatment takes from six to thirty months depending on how much movement is needed.
Can Clear Step be used for all orthodontic cases?
The Clear Step system can be used for the majority of crooked teeth problems, including overbites, underbites, crowding, cross-bites and gaps between teeth. However in some very severe orthodontic cases Clear Step may not be appropriate. During the consultation, your dentist will be able to tell you if you are suitable. In some cases, fixed wire braces may be needed to correct your tooth alignment.
What is the procedure?
1. After the initial consultation and assessment of your smile and your teeth alignment, your Clear Step dentist will take an impression (mould) of your teeth and take several photographs of your teeth and smile from different angles.
2. A 3D digital model of your teeth is created.
3. Using the latest in patented software, the model is used as a basis to generate a simulation of your teeth movement from their current position to the final desired position.
4. This simulation is then used as the basis to design your aligners, which are custom-made for your teeth and will be changed every two weeks as your teeth move.
5. Your new aligners will then be sent back to your dentist, along with the created 3D simulation, so that you can see for yourself the expected movement of your teeth over time.
6. Following on from this, you dentist will give you full instructions on how to use the aligners. They must be worn for a minimum of 20 hours a day as the success of the treatment is highly dependent on you and this requires dedication.
7. You will have regular checkups at your dentist to ensure that your treatment is going as initially planned.
How much does Clear Step cost?
Treatment costs are on average between £1,500 to £3,000+
UK Invisalign Braces Harrogate
Invisalign braces are a revolutionary breakthrough in dental correction technology that straightens crooked tooth while closing the gaps between the teeth. In a great number of instances, Invisalign braces can rid an individual of the need for the standard traditional meta-wire braces that orthodontists have long utilized. The Invisalign system utilizes the latest computer technology merged with three-dimensional modeling to produce a clear aligning braces that are see-through. These braces are virtually invisible thus granting the product its name. These clear aligning braces are fitted perfectly for your individual teeth and they move them into a position that slowly settles into a natural-looking and straight smile.
In the UK Invisalign braces are very popular due to their generally unnoticeable nature. They do take a while to work, just like standard braces. The Invisalign braces are designed to be worn for twenty-two hours per day only and are only to be removed for brushing the teeth and eating. Every two weeks they are changed at our Harrogate practice for a fresh set. Full treatment of misaligned teeth can take from six months to eighteen months depending upon how difficult a realignment it will be.
UK Invisalign braces wearers cite many reasons for why their preferred alignment braces are superior to metal ones. Comfort is a major reason people prefer these types of braces. Metal braces are generally more painful and are often reported to cause inflammation and irritation of the gums. The greatest advantage most people see with Invisalign braces is that they are far more convenient. Unlike metal braces, Invisaligns can be removed for eating and brushing. It is far more difficult to keep the teeth clean when metal braces cause food particles to be stuck inside them. In the UK Invisalign braces are capturing the attentions of adults who need correction of their dental alignment. The fact that these types of braces are discreet and only possible to notice when another person is directly in front of the wearer makes them quite popular.
These types of braces work for the vast majority of problems people experience with crooked teeth. These problems include, overbites, underbites, crossbites, crowding, and gaps between the teeth. UK Invisalign Harrogate braces wearers have noted that their braces work exceptionally well to correct these types of orthodontic situations. Incredibly severe cases of tooth misalignment may not be appropriate for Invisalign braces, but these are the types of situations that generally require surgery.